WasmThemis package provides access to features of Themis cryptographic library for the WebAssembly platorm:
- Key generation: securely generate strong key pairs and symmetric keys.
- Data storage at rest: encrypt sensitive data for storage with symmetric cryptography.
- Authenticated messaging: exchange messages which are readable only by the recipent using asymmetric cryptography, or sign messages with your private key to prove identity.
- Protect data in motion: establish a session between a client and a server for secure data exchange with perfect forward secrecy guarantees.
- Secret comparison: verify that the other party has the same shared secret as you have — without disclosing anything about the secret to anyone — using zero-knowledge proofs.
If you need to use Themis with Node.js, consider JsThemis instead.
Supported platforms #
WasmThemis is available for modern web browsers supporting WebAssembly and ECMAScript 6. All major browsers can run WasmThemis: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge.
WasmThemis is tested and supported on the current LTS versions of Node.js (v8, v10, v12).
WasmThemis can also be used with the Electron framework (v4 or later).
Getting started #
Follow these instructions to install WasmThemis.
Here are other things that might interest you: