Using Themis in Rust #
RustThemis crate provides access to features of Themis cryptographic library in Rust:
- Key generation: securely generate strong key pairs and symmetric keys.
- Data storage at rest: encrypt sensitive data for storage with symmetric cryptography.
- Authenticated messaging: exchange messages which are readable only by the recipent using asymmetric cryptography, or sign messages with your private key to prove identity.
- Protect data in motion: establish a session between a client and a server for secure data exchange with perfect forward secrecy guarantees.
- Secret comparison: verify that the other party has the same shared secret as you have — without disclosing anything about the secret to anyone — using zero-knowledge proofs.
Supported Rust versions #
RustThemis is tested and supported on the stable Rust compiler.
The minimum supported Rust version (MSRV) depends on RustThemis release.
The latest 3 stable versions are always supported. For example, if Rust 1.67 is the current stable version then RustThemis is guaranteed to work with Rust 1.65, 1.66, 1.67.
Getting started #
Follow these instructions to install RustThemis.
Here are other things that might interest you: