Using Themis in Ruby #
RbThemis gem provides access to features of Themis cryptographic library for Ruby:
- Key generation: securely generate strong key pairs and symmetric keys.
- Data storage at rest: encrypt sensitive data for storage with symmetric cryptography.
- Authenticated messaging: exchange messages which are readable only by the recipent using asymmetric cryptography, or sign messages with your private key to prove identity.
- Protect data in motion: establish a session between a client and a server for secure data exchange with perfect forward secrecy guarantees.
- Secret comparison: verify that the other party has the same shared secret as you have — without disclosing anything about the secret to anyone — using zero-knowledge proofs.
Supported Ruby versions #
RbThemis is tested and supported on Ruby 2.4 and later.
Getting started #
Follow these instructions to install RbThemis.
Here are other things that might interest you: